Sensitive Soul

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Redirected

I was reading the Daily Bread today and wanted to share with you the Bible passage and thought from the author.

Proverbs 16:9 A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps

…When our dreams are shattered, how do we react? After Joseph was sold as a slave by his brothers he could have given in to self-pity and self-indulgence. Instead, Joseph remained true to the Lord. Four times in Genesis 39, we read that “the Lord was with Joseph”, and his actions revealed his own faithfulness to God. By his exemplary life, those he served in Egypt recognized God’s presence with him.
Do we love God more than our own dreams? Although Joseph must have grieved the loss of his past and what his life could have been; the Lord led him to a calling he had never imagined. Today, the Lord longs to lead us. Are we willing to be redirected by Him?...

Oh! How my heart is hard at times and not open to the Lord directing me and changing the plans that I had made for myself and my family! How selfish and self-centered I am to think that I know better than He does!

May this thought not only touch our hearts, but also change our actions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home