Sensitive Soul

Friday, August 21, 2009

Wedding Anniversary

Today is my sister Cheryl & her husband Yves’ 5 year wedding anniversary.
5 exciting years!

Jessica would be the best person to tell you all about Cheryl and Yves’ courtship because she was still living at home during that time and sharing a room (and bed) with Cheryl. But I was told a few stories. One in particular I am fond of. Yves loves to bike. And on this one day, he was biking with his friend Jean-Philippe and they passed by my sister’s house. Cheryl was giddy telling us about how she had seen him. It was so funny.
And I have to tell you about his proposal (although I can only tell you what they told me because I wasn’t present). Cheryl had a dog named Lady (man we loved her). Yves took Cheryl and Lady for a walk in the woods (hope I am correct here Cheryl, it’s been a few years), and he put the engagement ring on Lady’s collar. Then he told Lady to go see Cheryl. So romantic!!!
And that beautiful dog was part of the wedding, bringing the rings to the altar. It honestly feels like yesterday that they had their wedding reception outside our church in that beautiful white tent.

And how can we omit to mention how God sent them to Africa for 6 months or so. That’s where they found out Cheryl was pregnant! Simon the miracle baby! God protected them and made them see and live amazing things. Just yesterday I was remembering how Yves’ dream had always been to drive a mechanical shovel (those big yellow ones you see on construction sites). Well he got to live that dream in Africa.

And here they are celebrating the 5 years God has given them together and all those amazing things He allowed for them to live. Our prayer is that He will allow them to live many more years of amazing things together!!

Congratulations to you both! I love you!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home