Sensitive Soul

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Birthday

Every year, when the 1st of August comes rolling around I become excited at the thought that my birthday is coming up! I love receiving cards and wishes from those I love. Maybe that's because I love giving those things too.

When we were young, mom would really treat us like princesses on our birthday. It was our day, so we got to pick what we wanted to have for supper. It was fabulous. We didn't always do a party, but we always celebrated the special day!

As I grow older, many things change. But the desire to feel like a princess on my birthday hasn't gone away.


And on my special day, I was treated like a princess from those around me. Starting by my husband who showered me with love and attention, and a really nice meal at my favorite restaurant. He even took care of the dogs so I didn't have to come home and clean their mess (they are still too young to hold it in all day). Then there was my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and my mommy who hurried to call me before I left for work. When I got to work there were a TONE of wishes on my Facebook wall from my friends and buddies. My sister Cheryl, her husband Yves and their son Simon sang happy birthday for me and Simon gave me a kiss through the phone. And my youngest sister Jessica called me at work with her wishes. And I can't forget to mention the lovely surprise from my colleagues.



I had a wonderful day, thanks to all of the wonderful people God placed in my life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home