Sensitive Soul

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Being Thankful

For the last little while (well maybe I should say for most of my life), I have been unhappy with my life situation.

When I was single, I wanted to get married.
When I had a house, I wanted a bigger one, a different one.
When I have curly hair, I want it straight.
When I got married, I wanted to have kids.

You get the picture. I am unable to be thankful for where I am at this specific moment in my life.

Then this past Sunday, our new pastor spoke to us using the book of Numbers. The message was very encouraging, but I stuck on one particular thing (I am paraphrasing): Our current blessings are what God is giving us at the moment. He won't give us other blessings because it isn't the right time for them.
And it's true. I am blessed beyond mesure at the moment and I am passing by those blessings because I want something else. What am I telling God when I am not thankful for what He has given me at this very moment?

And maybe God will never give me those blessings that I am asking for. But He will bless me. Because that is the loving Father that we have.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home