Sensitive Soul

Monday, March 23, 2009

Stress

I am a stressball.
I worry about what I can control.
I worry about what I can't control.
I worry about other people.
I worry about my pets.
I worry about the fact that I worry too much.

And I'm a Christian, I believe in God, in His promises and in His love for me. I believe He is in control of everything, and yet I worry.

I've realized lately that I worry most when I concentrate on the worrysome things around me. If I look to God and His goodness, those things seem to fade away. It's all about talking myself out of these thoughts and replacing them with the TRUTH. God IS in control, and He knows best. His ways are not my ways, because they are better!!

A friend sent me a passage which has really spoken to my heart on this subject. I've been reading it almost daily, reminding myself that God is listening and that I need to give Him my worries.

Lamentations 3:25-33a (The message)
God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
to the woman who diligently seeks.
It's a good thing to quietly hope,
quietly hope for help from God.
It's a good thing when you're young
to stick it out through the hard times.
When life is heavy and hard to take,
go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.
The "worst" is never the worst.
Why? Because the Master won't ever walk out
and fail to return.
If He works severely, He also works tenderly.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Nice Passage. I'll keep it close to my bedside as well. :)

    Not always easy not to worry; I know. God will take care of us. :)

    BTW, ok for Saturday. It's gonna be after Disney on Ice so... aroung 6h30-7h00 ish.

    Bizous! xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 23, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

  • LOVE you Nay Nay :) Glad to hear that you are letting God take controle of your life (Jsus take the wheel comes to mind)
    -xox-
    Jessy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home