Sensitive Soul

Friday, January 24, 2014

Never be afraid to share

I am not ashamed of my faith. I am not ashamed of what I believe and WHO I believe in.
However, I am not always confident in my speaking abilities to speak to those around me about my faith.
In conversations I'll talk about going to church, but I don't usually go beyond small-talk. I dont ask questions. I don't try to understand more in depth what others believe.

Well, God opened my eyes to His work this week.

I have a work colleague who is a Christian from another church. She and I were talking in my office and another colleague could overhear our conversation (our offices are open-office concept, where we see and hear everyone around us). When my Christian friend left, my colleague started speaking to me about how she would like to go to this girl's church and about her upbringing in the Catholic church. It was such a blessing to see how God had been at work in her heart for some time now, but she was too shy to go to church alone. She mentioned she would come with me if I went to the church in question (which I had told my Christian friend I would like to do).

This brought me to the realization that I should not be afraid to speak about my faith. That I dont know what God is doing in the hearts of those around me.

Today's Daily Bread emphasises this truth. In Romans 10:14 we read: How shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?And how shall they hear without a preacher?

By the way, we have decided that we will likely attend the church on February 9th. Please pray that she may have a personal encounter with the Lord. *I am really excited to be a part of this*

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home